By: Randy Porzel, Senior Advisor
We never thought it would show up, but summer is officially here. We’re almost half way through 2019, and it’s time to check back on those promises we made to ourselves in January. How are you doing?
At Private Vista, we made it our goal to focus on our culture and continue to be one of the best Financial Planning firms in Chicago to work with and for. Since so many of our 29 fundamentals can be relatable to people in all walks of life, I thought I would share some with you. I encourage you to take some time to soak in the summer weather and reflect on some of these:
- Make Every Interaction Count – Every contact with a friend, neighbor, and/or stranger is an opportunity to create a positive experience. This includes calls, visits, voicemail, letters, e-mails, and every other communication. Make sure every interaction leaves that person feeling wanted, appreciated and respected.
- Listen Generously – Listening is more than simply “not speaking.” Give others your undivided attention. Be present and engaged. Minimize the distractions and let go of the need to agree or disagree. Suspend your judgment and be curious to know more, rather than jumping to conclusions. Above all, listen to understand.
- Speak Straight – Speak honestly in a way that helps to make progress. Say what you mean, and be willing to ask questions, share ideas, or raise issues that may cause conflict when it’s necessary for team success. Be courageous enough to say what needs to be said. Address issues directly with those who are involved or affected.
- Be A Lifelong Learner – Seek out and take advantage of every opportunity to gain more knowledge, to increase your skills, and to become a greater expert. Be resourceful about learning and sharing best practices.
- Be Positive – You have the power to choose your attitude. Choose to be joyful, optimistic, and enthusiastic. Your attitude is contagious. Spread optimism and positive energy.
- Make A Difference – Be an active part of your community. Give back by contributing your time, effort, and where appropriate, your money, to make your community better. Every little bit matters. You can and do make a difference.
- Live Your Private Vista – Be an example of actively living your dreams. Own and protect your work-life balance, and make time for the things that are important in your life. Know and communicate boundaries and when you need to take a break to refresh and recharge. To give your best, you must be at your best. Be a steward of our most valuable resource: you!
At Private Vista, we’ve made it a point to assign a Fundamental to each week, with every meeting beginning with a story of what that Fundamental means to us. I encourage you to do the same and remember to keep things fun – the world has bigger problems than the daily challenges we encounter. Don’t take things personally or take yourself too seriously. Laugh every day.
The views expressed represent the opinions of Private Vista, LLC and are subject to change. These views are not intended as a forecast, a guarantee of future results, investment recommendations, or an offer to buy or sell any securities. The information provided is of a general nature and should not be construed as investment advice or to provide any investment, tax, financial or legal advice or service to any person.
Additional information, including management fees and expenses, is provided on Private Vista, LLC’s Form ADV Part 2, which is available upon request.Tags: 29 Fundamentals, Firm News, Private Vista Way, Randy Porzel